Saturday, February 13, 2016

Chandler Center for the Arts

An exhibit entitled, 'Salvage' opened at the Chandler Gallery, in Randolph, Vermont on January 30.  It included three pieces of my work.
http://chandlergallery.weebly.com

Having just completed a MFA degree in Interdisciplinary Arts, I composed a miniature catalog, that although it cannot include many sculptures, gives a sampling and a link to my Flickr account for more extensive viewing.

As a creative exercise in itself, catalog design challenges what image and message we want to convey since we get so little to achieve the effect we want our audience to experience.

Here are the two sides of the folding catalog.  The vertical image of 'Hanged Man' was intentionally laid horizontally as the cover to provoke the holder to turn the catalog to read the text.  The interior images are the four that I feel represent what my work is capable of at this time.  Inexpensive printing allows me to alter the catalog frequently.

If you would like a hard copy of the catalog, send a comment with your email and address.  I'd be glad to send a few out.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97140136@N08/albums/72157643013508483





No comments:

Post a Comment